Sneakers

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Sneakers

Postby joanne johnson » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:50 pm

I have been wearing plain black sneakers which are quite ugly for several years. They were the only shoes/sneakers that would fit my huge swollen feet. Recently I was offered a pair of womens attractive light blue New Balance sneakers to try on. They are size EEEE 9 1/2 and they were comfortable! That is the largest size that they make for women. I had to take out the inner sole to gain every bit of room possible. They are not cheap at around $150.00 but they are worth it and I am very happy with them. I have ordered a second pair in purple and white so I can change off. I was afraid if I go back next year to get a second pair that they may not be able to get that size anymore. We all know how that works sometimes when you find you can't replace something. I bought them in a store for hard to fit sizes.

I hope this info. can help someone else in the same boat!
joanne johnson

Re: Sneakers

Postby Clarra » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:47 pm

I understand how you feel about the ugly black plain shoes. My aunt who has swollen feet has to have custom shoes. The shoes are expensive but so plain. I hate the fact that it costs so much money for custom-made shoes. I will have to search for some New Balances to see if they will fit her. -Clarra, Health Insurance Researcher and Advisor
Clarra

Return to Welcome Family