N00b in Washington!

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

N00b in Washington!

Postby Sopralto37 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:32 am

Hello!!
My name is Sarah. I was diagnosed with LE Primary when I was about 9 years old (I'm 21 now). Only this week have I just found out about the LE world! As far as I knew, LE was still super rare and none of my doctors know much about it. My leg is pretty big, but until this week I thought that that was normal. My friends and I joke about it all the time and I have done a comedy act just sharing stories about peoples reactions and silly questions about my leg! I am all about celebrating the fact that I'm different, so my leg even has it's own name: Rupert. After finding you guys I've been raving to all of my friends just so excited to get plugged in with other people who have LE and learn about so many things! Like I had no idea about the nickname Lymphers. It makes me super happy!
Message me if you want to get in touch! I'm up for loads of conversations and questions and such!!!
:D Sarah
Sopralto37

Re: N00b in Washington!

Postby patoco » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:23 am

Hey Ya Sarah

Super welcome to our family :)

LOL...Rupert? I've never heard of naming your leg(s) before, but I guess I'm the one that started using lymphers.

We actually do have a huge family. Here, we have members from all over the world and our visitors come from well over 145 countries.

I'm so glad too that this condition hasn't destroyed your sense of humor or your spirit.

I have hereditary LE that showed up at birth (I'm 58 now) and was actually diagnosed way back in 1959. They just didn't have the treatment alternatives then as they do now.

We are all here for you, and please don't ever hesitate to ask any question or express any concern!

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Family