Your thoughts are welcome on going to Austria

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: Birdwatcher, jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Senior Moderators

Your thoughts are welcome on going to Austria

Postby Donda » Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:05 am

Okay...I went to see Renee at Bandages Plus for therapy and to get a daytime garment.. and OH MY GOODNESS is she a blessing. It was unbelievable the difference she made versus my other therapists. I was amazed at her knowledge and results in my leg and body...it made me wonder about going to Austria for a full body decongestion and then trying to maintain by doing my own MLD and occassional visits to a local therapist.
Anybody have any first hand stories regarding the Wittlinger Clinic in Austria?
Renee at Bandages Plus is fabulous but she travels all the time and she felt Wittlinger would have great results..it's just such a big trip...okay..I need some input from those who know more about this than me!
Donda

Wittlinger Clinic in Austria

Postby eve alvirIII » Tue May 15, 2007 9:51 am

Hi Donda,

Looks like you're gung-ho to go to Austria. How's the laser working? Do you use it daily?

I'll check around with the Lymphedema Clinic I go to in Woodbury, Long Island, NY. Wish I could go with you to Austria. I've been doing a three-week therapy with them and my lower limb is still fibrotic.

I just found out that our postings are scattered all over this forum and sorted into "subject" files. Goodness, wish it were just in one forum and people can just check all new postings. Well, Pat O is probably wisest in moderating and sorting the forum.

Take care.

Evelyn
eve alvirIII

Postby Donda » Tue May 15, 2007 2:17 pm

Hi Evelyn,
I've not actually decided to go to Austria..I'm hoping to hear from others that had gone...
My leg, with from the use of the laser and my new therapist, is back to it's NORMAL SIZE.... WOO HOO!!! I have on a garment today..no bandages...and REAL people pants and..are you ready...cute sandals!

My body/trunk is showing signs of fluid in it and I need to email Ann form Riancorp and ask if I can use the laser on my abdomen.
It's hard to bend over and my skin has a spongy feel and a strange pattern from the fluid.

I hope you can find someone close to you that is going to purchase a laser..maybe you can contact another Lymphedema patient and split it with them. Just a thought!
If your therapist isn't getting results you may want to consider finding one that can..I've used several before finding one that really was effective!
Good Luck and keep me posted on your progress!
Donda

Postby joanne johnson » Tue May 15, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi Donda,
I'm happy for your success with the laser treatments. I loved the term you used about wearing REAL PEOPLE pants! Good for you!
joanne johnson

I am leaving for Austria in a few weeks..any thoughts

Postby kelly » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am

Hi there..

I have had lymphedema for four years in my right leg. There is at least 6 litres of extra fluid. It is well over 50% of my other leg. As a member of the lypmphedema framework in Ontario in November I saw a ton of people who had leg edema and you could not even tell. I spoke with many people who have had great results...Any one else go...Anything you can tell me about it and any suggestions on what one should bring ?
kelly

Re: Your thoughts are welcome on going to Austria

Postby blubrdfrend » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:39 am

I do not understand the laser treatment. Did you purchase it? Do you use it or does a therapist use it on you? Betty
blubrdfrend

Return to Welcome Family