Hotels for people with lymphedema and other disabilities

leg pain, leg bleeding, Farrow Wraps, Compression Stockings, cold feet, Reid Sleeve, Restless Leg Syndrome, Leg Cramps, Compression Pumps, Shoes, lower limb lymphedema, secondary leg lymphedema, leg wrapping, Cold Feet, Compression socks, nerve pain, self leg massage, right leg lymphedema

Moderators: Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Hotels for people with lymphedema and other disabilities

Postby gary1955 » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:38 am

Because I have third stage bi-lateral LE of the lower limbs,does anyone know what hotels have the best handicapped rooms? When I travel, I like to have a bathroom that has proper bars in the showers and also a hand held shower head. And lots of room to navigate. I find many times hotel websites say they have handicap assessible rooms but when you finally see what their idea of handicap assessible is you can't help but think they really don't understand what a handicap person needs. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks, Gary
gary1955

Postby silkie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:28 am

Hiya Gary

We have had the problem over here for long time but finally it is being addressed in many places.

It is only an idea but i would imagine wheelchair access
are bigger. as turning space etc and room in the bathroom

See if that is of help to check wheelchair instead of just disabled

Just a thought.

I always use the disabled loos now not because i need
so much the space as the time to get those supports back up round my ears lol

Ladies loos over here are like a cattle market never enough and
a queue a mile long you feel real guilty takin time to pull your supports back especially when you her a little girl saying "mommmmmmmmm
i can't" wait and dancing up and down

Silly the things that get to us mines little girls dancing in loo queues

Hugggggggggggg

Good luck

Silksxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silkie

Good hotels

Postby charpunk » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:29 am

Hi Gary,

We recently came back from a trip and stayed at the Hampton Inns. I had called in advance and asked for a room close to the front as I had trouble walking. I have LE in both my legs. When we got to the hotels each nite, I had just what I had asked for. Room up front and close and disabled room with large bathroom and all the bars in the shower and a hand-held shower also. It was very nice.
Hope this helps.
Charpunk
charpunk

Postby gary1955 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:47 am

Thank you for the info Charpunk.... I will check them out. Silkie, you are probably correct. Usually a wheelchair accessible room is much larger and better equipped.
gary1955

Return to Leg Lymphedema