Sort of New - Reintroduction

Welcome to all our family and friends. Patients, families, caregivers, therapists, nurses, doctors, anyone with a concern for and interest in lymphedema is most welcome!!!

Moderators: jenjay, Cassie, patoco, Birdwatcher, Senior Moderators

Sort of New - Reintroduction

Postby FerretMom » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:58 am

I am coming back to this group after a bit of an absence and found I could not remember my password so I created a new login. I was PamelaS.

A bit of history - I am a breast cancer survivor who had axillary node dissection which resulted in lymphedema in my right arm and hand, which is for the most part under decent control. I am undergoing an (breast) MRI at this time after having had an abnormal mammogram recently - so we'll see how that goes. I feel the surgeon is being careful since the biopsy was normal - but that only took one into account and the cancer was in the opposite one.

Glad to be back here again - hopefully you'll feel the same way.

Pamela (FerretMom)
FerretMom

Re: Sort of New - Reintroduction

Postby donsuzbee » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:10 pm

Welcome back Pamela! I too have lymphedema from breast cancer. I have it in my hand, arm and back & chest area, also. I wish I could say mine is under control. I guess it is sort of. I have gotten very careless about wearing my bandaging/nite sleeve or day sleeve. Went thru pt 4 separate rounds - 20 each. I have gotten very careless as I know this will always be with me. Sometimes I get disturbed though and do take care of myself as I don't want it to harden in the arm as I have read that it can.
Just having someone like you who also has the experience might get me more motivated!!!!!
God bless!
Susan B.
donsuzbee

Re: Sort of New - Reintroduction

Postby patoco » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi Pam nd Susan :D

I'm really glad to see both of you back and hopefully, we can get things going here again. I really did miss the family here and the sharing.

Special hug to both of you and prayers for health and joy :!:

Pat
patoco
Site Admin

Return to Welcome Family